MARTIN LUTHER KING JR. HOLIDAY
The City will be closed on Monday, January 16th in observance of the Martin Luther King Jr. Holiday
GARBAGE: Please place your can at the road on your regularly scheduled day, we will collect it that day or the next as we catch up from the Monday Holiday.
Each residence inside the city limits is provided with one 95 gallon Green roll-out container for garbage. These containers are the property of the City of Kings Mountain and are assigned to a specific residence.
Containers damaged during the normal collection service of the City should be reported to the Public Works office at 704-734-0735.
ADDITIONAL/REPLACEMENT ROLL-OUT GARBAGE CONTAINER You may purchase an additional or replacement roll-out garbage container for a cost of $68 per container. Please see the instructions
to apply for an additional or replacement container through the online OpenGov portal located at the bottom of this page.
Household trash is picked up Monday through Thursday each week on a scheduled route.
* All trash should be bagged prior to placement in your rollout container.
* Only bagged household trash which fits inside the roll-out container will be collected.
* The roll-out container may be placed at the curb the night before or on the morning of scheduled collection and removed from the curb following collection.
* The sanitation crew will not be responsible for returning to empty cans that are placed out after they have serviced the street.
* The roll-out container is not to be left at the curb/street area other than on the day of scheduled collection.
* No additional items, bags or boxes will be collected without scheduling the pickup by paying the appropriate fee and receiving a receipt.
* Additional trash, White goods, furniture and bulk items will be collected from the curbside for a fee of $20.00 per 1/2 ton pick-up load.
* For pickup requests larger than a 1/2 ton pickup truck, a 1.5 ton (3 cubic yard) dumpster bag can be purchased for a fee of $86.00. This fee covers landfill fees, cost of the bag, and labor for one operator and one laborer to collect the bag.
* To schedule a collection using cash or check, you may visit the Public Works Office, pay the fee and receive a receipt.
*To schedule a collection using a credit or debit card, follow the instructions in the "CURBSIDE COLLECTION" tab below. The collection will be entered into the work order system and scheduled for pickup as quickly as the crew is available to do so, usually 1-2 days.
** NO REFUNDS WILL BE ISSUED
The link to the OpenGov portal is located at the very bottom of this page.
Commercial/Industrial Customers inside the City Limits of Kings Mountain are required by City Code to use the City Sanitation Department for their trash pick-up as available.
95 gallon roll-out containers for Garbage are available at cost and would be picked up each week with the nearest residential route. Commercial Dumpsters are also available in 4 yard, 6 yard and 8 yard capacities and would be picked-up on the customers requested schedule. Call the Public Works office for pricing or see the City Web Page under Billing Department / Billing Rates / Landfill Rates. Commercial dumpsters are for trash and garbage only and are not to be used for any materials resulting from an industrial or manufacturing process.
Residential / Commercial - Industrial
Unfortunately, effective April 1, 2020, the City of Kings Mountain suspended residential and commercial recycling collection. The primary factor for this change is the decreased market demand for raw recyclable materials such as plastic, glass, and paper. Processing countries, such as China and others are no longer purchasing these materials and handling companies in the US have stockpiled all that they can. The recycling fee of $2.75 will no longer be charged.
All recyclable materials should be bagged and placed in your green refuse container along with the regular garbage for collection on the scheduled pick-up day.
Those who wish to continue recycling can carry the recyclables, sorted by paper, plastic, and aluminum to the County Dump Site at 615 Margrace Road and place them in the appropriate bin.
If there are any questions please contact the Public Works Department at 704-734-0735.