Below is a conceptual drawing of the work planned for the Mountain Street area.
Once the project begins, additional information and updates on the progress will be posted here.
April 5, 2022 Update
The City staff along with the streetscape consultants NˑFocus/ViZ, PLLC and the streetscape contractor Greene Building Corporation, held a downtown impacted property/business owner meeting on the evening of April 4th, 2022.
The main topics were, the expected start date and the phasing of the street and sidewalk closures. Please see the below for the estimated phasing dates. The first phase will be the yellow highlighted phase and those closure locations are noted. All reasonable efforts are being made to lessen the impacts to the businesses and services in these areas.
If you have a business or service in any of the affected areas and have concerns or wish to be placed on the email notification list; please contact the office of the Assistant City Manager, Nick Hendricks, at 704-730-2125.
April 18, 2022 Update
Please click the below link to view a detour and public parking access map for the W. Mountain Street closures for Phase 2A of the City's Streetscape plan.
Detour and Public Parking Access Map
April 25,2022 Update
Greene Building Corporation Weekly Contractor Project Progress Update
- Install Erosion Control Measures - 75% Complete
- Installed Road Closure Barriers & Cones -100% Complete
- City of Kings Mountain Removed Existing Benches, Trash Cans & Signage-100% Complete
- Initial Leak Test Survey for Natural Gas by City of Kings Mountain-100% Complete
- Conducted Smoke Test, Ran a Camera and Ran Water Through Existing Storm System to Attempt to Confirm Exact Locations of Pipe-100% Complete
- Located Points for New Catch Basins & Manholes- 100% Complete
- Started Saw Cutting & Demolition-40% Complete
- Delivery of Catch Basins & HDPE Pipe-100% Compete
Week 1 Progress Photo
Scheduled for Week of April 25, 2022
- Continue Phase 1 Demolition
- Begin Installing New Storm Water Piping